Sony Reveals an Update to the Xperia S, the Xperia SL
8 months have passed since Sony released its flagship so upgrading or updating it must’ve made sense.
But unlike other companies, what it did was to update the already good smartphone and make it even better. The result is the Xperia SL.
Unlike other flagships, it hasn’t got a quad-core processor but then again to be honest, most of us don’t need one do we?
Here are the specs:
- Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich with Timescape UI
- Thickness: 1.06 cm
- Weight: 144 grams
- 4.3 inch LED Blacklit LCD screen with a resolution of 720 x 1280 and 16 million colors
- 10 point multi-touch /capacitive / scratch resistant touchscreen
- 1.7 Ghz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM with 32 Gb non-expandable storage
- 12 megapixel camera with LED Flash and 1080p Full HD video recording
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 2.1/ microUSB v2.0/ USB On-the-go support
- Accelerometer/ proximity/ compass/ gyroscope sensors
There’s no info currently on the pricing and release date of the smartphone but you should expect it to be released in Q4 of 2012.