Jazba Launches Game Development Competition
After conducting free workshops on Mobile App and Game Development, Mobilink Jazba has launched a Mobile Game-Development competition to offer a platform for students and app developers to test their skills at creating gaming software for mobile platforms.
Mobilink Jazba’s mobile game development contest has been designed to evaluate the concept, technique and creative acumen of participants, whilst at the same time providing a new avenue for local mobile technology developers to develop content for mobile users.
Jazba said it will accept games only, so no apps please! You can submit any genre of game but please ensure that it has not been published on any app store or website prior to the final date of submission. Also, piracy is bad, so avoid it! And the competition is only open to students and independent developers.
Winners of the competition will get cash rewards up to Rs. 500,000, as well as other valuable prizes such as handsets and internship opportunities within Mobilink. That’s better than other similar competitions in the town. Check below list of prizes for the winners:
- Winner: PKR 500,000
- 1st Runner up: PKR 300,000
- 2nd Runner up: PKR 100,000
- 3rd and 4th Runner up: HTC Explorer handsets
- 10 participants: Free GPRS up to 6 months or 1 GB consumption (whichever is lower)
- Jazba shall publish the game on Jazz Bananas, with developers earning revenue for each download
- Jazz Bananas is an app store accessible to Pakistan’s largest cellular base, with over 34 million customers
- Only games can be selected as entries (please, no apps!)
- Any genre of game will be accepted
- Only games that have not been published on any app store or website prior to final date of submission will be considered for evaluation
- Copied or pirated game entries will be considered void
- This competition is for students and independent game developers only. Professional software development organizations will not be considered eligible to participate
- Submissions by teams will be acceptable, but should include names of all members in the game credits. However, prizes will be received by the individual in whose name the entry has been submitted
- Only the games developed in the following mobile OS will be accepted:
- July 31st, 2012